I found the Himalayan Salt Shop and they have a TON of information and available products! Let me tell you, there's more to these lamps than meets the eye! I'm going to share what their website says on the subject, because who better to hear it from than the site itself?
What is a Salt Lamp?
* These salt lamps are made of natural Himalayan crystal salt mined from underground salt mines in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains
* The beautiful orange-reddish Himalayan crystal salt is mounted on a wooden base
* This crystal salt is hundreds of millions of years old and, as a result, has special properties and high mineral content
* Heat from the bulb (in our salt lamps) or flame (in our candle holders) causes the salt to emit negative ions
* These negative ions bond with the pollutants in the air (positive ions) and neutralize them
* Also, the newly bonded ions become heavier and fall to the ground removing them from the air circulation
* In addition, these negative ions combat electro-smog caused by electronic devices operating in the home
* Symptoms from asthma, allergies, and other illnesses can also subside from the effects of these products
* Concisely, these products cleanse the air naturally and are extremely beautiful
The thing that really caught my attention was the electro-smog bit...I sit in front of this screen 8+ hours a day and I find that interesting. I can't say whether or not the lamp I was sent for review has improved our air quality or anything, but I can say that it's beautiful and I love having it on!! I feel more relaxed while I'm working, whether that is from the lamp itself or the relaxing ambiance, take your pick, your not so scientific guess is as good as mine!
As you can see, it has a prominent spot on my desk next to the monitor. An added bonus, I can use it as a little nightlight for Tiny Man since his room and my office are one and the same ;) It was VERY easy to assemble, it came in 2 pieces (not including the light bulb). I put the bulb in, snapped the bulb section into the base and plugged it in, super simple! It has an on/off switch on the cord, so I don't have to fumble around under my desk to unplug it, a HUGE plus in my book!
There's currently an amazing sale going on now at the Himalayan Salt Shop with prices from $19.99 on up! In addition, you can use the coupon code "cars" for 10% off on your purchase! A sale plus a coupon code? It doesn't get much better than that!
Would you like to win a salt lamp of your very own? The awesome people at the Himalayan Salt Shop have offered me the opportunity to host a giveaway for a 4-5 lb Himalayan Salt Crystal Lamp (similar to the one I received in the photo above).
Entries: I must be able to easily find an email address for the winner. If it isn't in your visible profile, please include it in your comment. If you're chosen and I can't find an email address, I'll be forced to choose another winner. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email before another winner is chosen.
This giveaway will run from today, September 3, 2010 until Friday, September 17, 2010.
1) Go to the Himalayan Salt Shop and tell me something you learned OTHER than what was included in this post.
Extras: (Please leave separate entries for each, each extra is worth 1 entry unless otherwise stated.)
2) Follow my blog.
3) Become a Facebook fan of my blog.
4) Follow Cars, Trucks and Teething Rings on Twitter.
5) Tweet this giveaway (1 extra entry per day, please leave the tweet link) Can use: RT @mtndewmama Enter to win a Himalayan Salt Lamp at http://bit.ly/ayLna3!
6) Subscribe to my blog feed.
7) Grab my button and display it on your blog.
8) Enter any of my other giveaways (1 extra entry for each giveaway entered, post separate comments)
9) Blog about this giveaway (5 entries, please post 5 comments)
Disclaimer: I was sent product for review, all opinions in this post are mine and may not be the same as other users.