I've been using a salon product and I was happy enough with it, but it wasn't giving me the salon-style results I was used to in other varieties of the brand. It was basically the same kind of thing, a "sleek/shine" type, because that's what my crazy hair needs. It's wavy when it feels like it, it's got some serious frizz when I try to do much with it, and it aggravates me to no end.
I wasn't sure what to expect with the Garnier Fructis, but I have to say, I've been pleasantly surprised! First of all, it SMELLS absolutely AMAZING. With the shampoo, I seem to have to use more than the salon stuff, but for the price, it's not really that big of a deal--just takes some getting used to. The conditioner is pretty much amazing, it's THICK. You don't need a lot, much like the salon stuff, a little goes a long way. I love how thick and creamy it is, and I love that I haven't really noticed a difference in a week of using it when compared to what I was using before.
Thanks to ultra-smoothing Argan oil from Morocco (and a great little thing called fortified fruit science), these powerful formulas keep your hair looking sleek for three days straight, even in 97% humidity! The first time fruit and science got together, Isaac Newton discovered gravity. So all signs are pointing to this shampoo and conditioner being destined for greatness.
I guess you could say it's as good, if not better, than the particular salon brand I was using! Now, I have only been using it for a week, so I can't speak for the long term. Sometimes after using the same shampoo/conditioner for too long there gets to be a build up. I think it's safe to say that this is a great product to switch it up with, though!
Here are some quick facts on Sleek & Shine Shampoo & Conditioner:
- Work best on dry, frizzy and unmanageable hair
- Fight frizz and keep hair sleek for three days straight, even in 97% humidity
- Infused with Fortified Fruit Science and ultra-smoothing Argan oil from Morocco to deliver long-lasting shine and hair that's 10x smoother
- Packed with ultra-rich and smoothing conditioners that rinse clean — we dare you to find something that treats your demanding, frizzy hair better!
- Part of a larger Sleek & Shine line that includes Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream, best seller Anti-Frizz Serum and Frizz Defeat Deep Conditioner Treatment
- Have a suggested retail price of $3.99 (13 oz.) and $6.99 (25.4 oz.)
- Available at grocery stores, drug stores and mass retailers like Target and Wal-Mart